The next time you see Heather Cuyler, congratulate her!
Many of you know Heather Cuyler. If you don’t, please read this anyway, as we want to share her good news. Heather joined Pashek+MTR a little over a year ago as our recreation practitioner. In that role Heather is responsible for working with and advising many of our clients on park and recreation matters, from long-term planning to day-to-day operations and management.
With her extensive experience as a municipal director of parks and recreation, Heather decided to validate her abilities this year by garnering credentials. She has acquired new certifications, passing both the National Park and Recreation’s Certified Parks and Recreation Professional (CPRP) and their Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) exams.
What does this mean to you?
- The Certified Park and Recreation Professional certification is the national standard for all parks and recreation professionals who want to be at the forefront of their profession.
- The Certified Playground Safety Inspector certification program provides the most comprehensive and up-to-date training on playground safety issues, including hazard identification, equipment specifications, surfacing requirements and risk management methods.
All of this means Heather is recognized by her peers and in the industry for leadership in the parks and recreation profession, and more importantly, that she is extremely qualified to guide you in your park and recreation endeavors.
Please contact Heather if you would like to:
- Prepare or update your community’s Comprehensive Park, Recreation, and Open Space Plan, Active Transportation, Trail, or Greenway Plan;
- Prepare a master plan for a new or existing park;
- Determine whether your playground meets current safety requirements; or
- Design and build a new play area.
She would love to speak with you!
412-321-6362 Ext. 116
Please join us in welcoming Heather Fuller to our team.
Heather’s prior experience as an interior designer gives her a unique perspective to view a project from multiple angles and influences her work by creating spaces that merge the built environment with the natural world. In her current role she assists the firm in site analysis, design development and construction documents for projects ranging from educational campuses to community planning.
Prior to joining Pashek + MTR, Heather spent several years as an Accessibility Specialist and has extensive experience working with the ADA standards. In addition to performing audits of park facilities she has experience integrating accessible design ideas seamlessly into the landscape, allowing all users to interact with the space in the same, inclusive way. She has helped incorporate accessibility into a variety of projects including playgrounds, walking trails, golf courses, and sports stadiums.
Heather is a member of Humane Action Pittsburgh, which works to make Pennsylvania a humane state for animals through legislative efforts as well as advocating for veganism and reducing plastic waste which can end up in our waterways.
Her past experience and her passion for sustainability fits perfectly with our mission. We are glad to have her as part of our team.