DCNR currently has an open round for grant applications for funds to acquire, plan and develop parks and trails. The deadline is April 16 by 4:00pm. Pashek Associates is helping Independence Township, Washington County, Fox Chapel Borough, Pine Township and Beaver County to prepare grant requests. The program is largely a 50-50 match with cash or in-kind services being acceptable matches. You can check the grant program out by going to http://www.dcnr.state.pa/brc/grants.
Generally, to complete an application on the eGrants system, you will need:
• An accurate cost estimate
• Secured matching funds or in-kind services
• PNDI receipt
• Scope of Work if you are applying for planning grants
• Appraisal if you are applying for an acquisition grant
• Site development drawing for development grants
• Project narrative that describes the request
• Letters from municipality/county acknowledging the project
• Resolution from elected officials if a municipal/county grant
• Letters of support from local elected officials, partnering agencies and other stakeholders
Let us know if we can be of any help with your application for parks and trail development.
Looking ahead, the grant opportunity created by Act 13 money for parks and recreation projects by DCED, is usually due in July.