Planner/Urban Designer Job Opening
We are seeking a dynamic community planner/urban designer ready to work on a wide variety of projects, including municipal comprehensive plans, neighborhood plans, corridor studies, active transportation plans and zoning ordinances. This position would be responsible for plan graphics, report layout, charrette materials, maps, presentations, etc. The ideal candidate can independently complete design workflows from conceptualization to actualization and should exhibit a strong aptitude for building client relations and delivering quality products.
Pashek + MTR is an award-winning planning and design firm committed to a holistic, sustainable practice. Our work spans the public and private sectors, including community planning and design for municipal,
non-for-profit and private clients. We are a highly collaborative group of skilled planners, landscape architects, and designers located in a walkable and bikeable urban neighborhood.
Studio Culture and Equity
The position will entail working collaboratively within our team as well as with clients, project stakeholders, and other consultants. The ideal candidate should share our values and want to learn and grow in responsibility within our tight-knit firm. Visit www.pashekmtr.com to learn more about us. We emphasize and value diversity & inclusion in all we do https://pashekmtr.com/pashekmtr-diversity-inclusion-statement/.
Desired Skill Set
- Strong detail orientation, organization, ability to move multiple projects forward concurrently
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Learner mentality, interest in researching best practices and constantly learning from others
- Ability to apply principles of equity and sustainability in all forms of planning
- Understanding of graphic design principles-typographic, cartographic, conceptual, etc.
- Knowledge of urban design concepts
- Ability to present complex information clearly with infographics and graphic design
- Fluency in Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Proficiency with ArcGIS Pro
- Comfort with research involving quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong analytical skills
- Facilitation skills–small & large groups, non-traditional community outreach, remote & in-person formats
- Willingness/desire to develop project management skills
- Valid Driver’s License
What We Offer
We offer you the opportunity to work with a creative group of colleagues in a flexible, collaborative, casual work environment. You will have the opportunity to grow within the firm based on your abilities to advance your skills and manage projects. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental & vision insurance, and matching 401k.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, portfolio, references, and writing samples in a combined pdf to Jenni Easton at