As Landscape Architects, Community Planners, and Parks and Recreation Practitioners, we have long been in the business of working with natural processes, improving efficiencies, and developing innovative ideas for the good of the community. We have continually searched for the most sustainable solutions in design and planning. We believe it is the right thing to do.
As a firm, we strive to become sustainable through the following actions:
- Promote sustainability through design and planning
– Spec sustainable products that are durable, reusable, recyclable, made with recycled content, use less packaging, and/or made from renewable resources.
– Use stormwater Best Management Practices.
– Use smart growth, transit oriented development, and other sustainable strategies in community planning and urban design.
– Protect and/or restore the environment by designing with ecological and natural processes in mind
– Use other sustainable sites principles found in LEED and the Sustainable Sites Initiative
- Use a democratic design and planning process to support the needs of whole communities
– Ensure that all meeting participants are equally heard regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, or age
- Educate our clients and friends about the importance of sustainability
– Promote sustainable design solutions to clients by educating about their benefits
- Implement sustainable actions in the workplace and at home in our communities
– Follow the Pashek Associates’ sustainable office policies in order to reduce energy, water, air pollution, and waste.
– Set an example in our individual neighborhoods / communities by following the same policies at home.
Pashek Asscoiates is building a culture of responsibility that encourages every employee to ask the questions that lead to more sustainable processes and practices, and help our firm support a sustainable future.