Entry Level Landscape Designer
Opening for a passionate and energetic entry level landscape designer interested in starting their professional career by working side-by-side with our talented landscape architects and designers.
Gain meaningful and gratifying experience while meeting our clients’ needs and improving the environment. The experience you gain will provide you with the foundation to sit for the LARE and become a registered landscape architect.
We are located in the pedestrian and bicycle friendly East Ohio Street Business District of Pittsburgh’s vibrant East Deutschtown Historic District, http://deutschtown.org. East Ohio Street and the surrounding environs offers a variety of casual lunch opportunities. Meeting downtown, no problem, use one of our office bicycles to make the 10-minute commute to the Golden Triangle.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter with the following abilities and experience:
- BLA or MLA degree from an accredited College or University with excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to manage time and multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail, ability to problem solve, strong organizational skills, and sustainability focused.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2018 or newer, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Design Suite.
- Experience with grading, planting design, materials and technical aspects of landscape architecture; experience with construction detailing and/or construction administration; ability to working with project teams on projects of various sizes.
- Proficiency in Arcview is a plus.
Typical tasks include project design, attending client & public meetings, preparing renderings, cost estimates, construction documents, permits and municipal approvals, contract administration, and construction observation. Projects range in scope from master planning through construction documentation and administration.
We are an award-winning 15-person landscape architecture and community planning firm committed to improving our environment. Our work spans the public and private sectors, including education, healthcare, parks and recreation, botanic gardens, and community planning. We create exceptional places that connect people with the natural world and each other. Learn more about us by visiting www.pashekmtr.com.
We offer a flexible, causal work environment and competitive salary. Please submit your resume, references, portfolio and technical writing samples to email@example.com.