Pashek + MTR is an award-winning landscape architecture and planning firm committed to a holistic, sustainable practice. Our work spans the public and private sectors, including education, healthcare, parks and recreation, botanic gardens, and community planning. We are a highly collaborative group of skilled landscape architects, designers, and planners located in a walkable and bikeable urban neighborhood.
We are seeking a passionate and energetic landscape designer with 1-5 years of experience interested in working on a wide variety of project types and sizes in all design phases from master planning to construction documents and construction administration. The position will entail working collaboratively within our office as well as with clients, project stakeholders, and other consultants. The ideal candidate should share our values and want to learn and grow in responsibility within our tight-knit firm. Learn more about us by visiting www.pashekmtr.com.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture
- Strong design sensibility
- Great hand and digital graphics
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of grading design, planting design, materials, and technical aspects of Landscape Architecture
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2018 or newer, Adobe Design Suite, and Microsoft Office is a must
- Proficiency in Arcview and Sketchup is a plus
Pashek + MTR offers a flexible, causal work environment, health benefits, and competitive salary. Please submit your resume, references, portfolio and writing samples in pdf format to email@example.com.
We are seeking a passionate and energetic planner interested in working on a wide variety of community planning projects, such as comprehensive planning, corridor planning, and recreation and open space planning. The position will entail working collaboratively within our office as well as with clients, project stakeholders, and other consultants. The ideal candidate should share our values and want to learn and grow in responsibility within our tight-knit firm. Learn more about us by visiting www.pashekmtr.com.
- Possess knowledge of community comprehensive planning process. Familiarity with the Pennsylvania Municipal Planning Code is a plus.
- Possess understanding of Subdivision and Lands Development ordinances and zoning ordinances.
- Possess knowledge of urban design concepts.
- Ability to apply principles of sustainability in all forms of planning
- Have strong research and analytical skills
- Have strong writing and communication skills, and ability to present complex information in clear, understandable ways
- Ability to conduct research
- Ability to facilitate public outreach and meetings
- Make recommendations to governing bodies
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software
- Have demonstrated experience with Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Have demonstrated experience ArcGIS or another GIS
Pashek + MTR offers a flexible, casual work environment, health benefits, and competitive salary. Please submit your resume, references, portfolio and writing samples in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry Level Landscape Designer
Opening for a passionate and energetic entry level landscape designer interested in starting their professional career by working side-by-side with our talented landscape architects and designers.
Gain meaningful and gratifying experience while meeting our clients’ needs and improving the environment. The experience you gain will provide you with the foundation to sit for the LARE and become a registered landscape architect.
We are located in the pedestrian and bicycle friendly East Ohio Street Business District of Pittsburgh’s vibrant East Deutschtown Historic District, http://deutschtown.org. East Ohio Street and the surrounding environs offers a variety of casual lunch opportunities. Meeting downtown, no problem, use one of our office bicycles to make the 10-minute commute to the Golden Triangle.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter with the following abilities and experience:
- BLA or MLA degree from an accredited College or University with excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to manage time and multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail, ability to problem solve, strong organizational skills, and sustainability focused.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2018 or newer, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Design Suite.
- Experience with grading, planting design, materials and technical aspects of landscape architecture; experience with construction detailing and/or construction administration; ability to working with project teams on projects of various sizes.
- Proficiency in Arcview is a plus.
Typical tasks include project design, attending client & public meetings, preparing renderings, cost estimates, construction documents, permits and municipal approvals, contract administration, and construction observation. Projects range in scope from master planning through construction documentation and administration.
We are an award-winning 15-person landscape architecture and community planning firm committed to improving our environment. Our work spans the public and private sectors, including education, healthcare, parks and recreation, botanic gardens, and community planning. We create exceptional places that connect people with the natural world and each other. Learn more about us by visiting www.pashekmtr.com.
We offer a flexible, causal work environment and competitive salary. Please submit your resume, references, portfolio and technical writing samples to email@example.com.