Zelienople & Harmony Joint Comprehensive Plan
Zelienople and Harmony Boroughs, PA
Using an innovative “issues-based” approach, our firm completed a joint comprehensive plan in June 2010 for the Butler County boroughs of Zelienople and Harmony. The boroughs joined together to develop tools to better manage and promote their exceptional historic, cultural and community assets.
The plan is organized around six main topics of significant interest to the municipalities:
- Improving delivery of public services
- Revitalizing Main Street business districts
- Enhancing heritage tourism
- Addressing land use and flooding around Connoquenessing Creek
- Expanding recreational amenities
The plan prioritizes strategies into three tiers. The most immediate or first tier projects are developed in detail to provide the boroughs with a plan for rapid implementation.